Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Soup and Sandwich in Salinas

Salinas is about 100 miles south of San Francisco, and was where our customer was located.  We drove down after our dinner at Neptune's Palace (read my previous post!) and checked into our hotel.

The next morning we ate breakfast at the hotel, which isn't worth recounting here.  Brendan was set on eating at an In-N-Out Burger for lunch, but burgers aren't really my favorite so I checked out the area and picked out a diner in the next parking lot.

Margie's Diner (http://www.margiesdiner.com/) had that local,small restaurant feel despite the fact that there are four locations in California.  The service was amazingly friendly.  I was getting takeout, but my waitress treated me like a seated customer.  I decided on a Grilled Turkey Sandwich which had jack cheese and green ortega chillies on it, giving it a slight kick, but nothing too intense.  It also came with a side of either French Fries, Onion Rings, a Cup of Soup, or Tossed Salad or Fruit.  I picked a meatball vegetable soup, which ended up being an entire other meal in itself.  It was a great lunch, although my stomach was a little unhappy afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment